- The Gravitrap, developed by NEA’s Environmental Health Institute (EHI), is designed to attract and trap female Aedes mosquitoes that are looking for sites to lay their eggs.
- It is designed as a monitoring and communication tools to provide information on the population of mosquito around your surroundings.
- Free from all chemical, odour free and user-friendly, just top up water.
- High quality products at best price.
– Base container x 1, Upper lid x 1, Cover x 1, Glueboard x 1
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions & Answers) on Gravitrap:
- What is Gravitrap?
The Gravitrap, developed by NEA’s Environmental Health Institute (EHI), is designed to attract and trap female Aedes mosquitoes that are looking for sites to lay their eggs.
It acts as a monitoring and communication tools to provide information on the population of mosquito around your surroundings.
- Will more mosquitoes attract to my house if I deploy the Gravitrap?
Gravitrap do not attract mosquito to anybody house but instead serve as an early detection and monitoring if mosquito have fly and surrounding the house. Furthermore, those mosquitoes will be trapped onto the special inner sticky pad and can’t escape once caught. While those egg been laid or larvae after hatching out from the egg will be trapped underneath the mesh of the upper lid too and can’t successfully emerge as a new batch of free flying mosquito. Important to keep the whole Gravitrap in complete setup without any loosing part.
- How does Gravitrap works?
Gravitraps monitor the mosquito population/existence in your living area(particularly Aedes/ Dengue mosquito). Related authority (NEA officers, Pest Control Professional etc) will search for any other mosquito habitats in areas which Gravitrap indicated mosquitoes is trapped. This Gravitrap inspection can help to curb the mosquito infestation with precise and suitable control strategy. If the Gravitraps are misplaced or toppled, this would disrupt the sentinel network that NEA had created. It could cause our officers to search for breeding habitats in the wrong areas, resulting in delays in tackling the dengue problem. Therefore, we seek for the cooperation of the public to not remove or tamper with the Gravitraps.
- What should I do when I found larvae in the trap?
Please DO NOT pour the water (containing larvae) into any drains or sink. It may become another potential mosquito breeding point.
Please DO pour the water directly into the toilet bowl and flush it.
- My kids knocked over a Gravitrap and the water are all over! What should I do? Will I be fined by NEA?
This will disrupt the surveillance network of the mosquito population. Please place the Gravitrap back in position and top up the water until the indicated level. You would not be fined.
- Where can we place/deploy Gravitraps?
Gravitraps are usually deployed within the resting areas, eg., living room and bedroom.
- For more information, please refer to here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjIFPvXGMo5KhCi3TxtCcoVpHf_Ubp3Cn
Find “Do / Don’t List” here:
- Top up water regularly in the base container of Gravitrap.
- Constantly cover the Gravitrap with cover to prevent dust or other fallen object.
- To ensure the effectiveness of glueboard, regularly check and change the glueboard every 2 – 4 weeks.
- Must place glueboard inside the Gravitrap to stick mosquitoes.
- Place Gravitrap at corners and shaded areas.
- Always place Gravitrap back to its position once disturbed. Top up the water after spill.
- If the Gravitrap is found dirty, please washed it with water only.
- If the Gravitrap is found dented or damaged, please replace with a new one.
- DO NOT misuse Gravitrap as ashtrays, dustbin, containers, bowl,or any other function.
It only serves as a monitoring station.
- DO NOT tamper or destroy Gravitrap.
- DO NOT remove or steal the Gravitrap.
- DO NOT kick on Gravitrap.
- DO NOT spray any chemical into Gravitrap.
- DO NOT drink or use the water in the Gravitrap for any other purpose.
- DO NOT use any incomplete Gravitrap.